Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Changes

Again it's been a year since I posted, lets see...to catch up a bit.
My featured artist show last July at Artful Dimensions Gallery went very well, I demoed glass bead making at the opening and had a wonderful turnout of friends!! In September a studio space opened at Artful Dimensions so I now have a working studio in town. I am loving it!!!!

The holiday season was very successful  and now in the new year I am busy getting ready for the Spring Ball in Bentonville. This is a three day art and music festival which will combine fun, friends and a fabulous booth. I have never done this before and I am very excited to be a part of it.

Last summer I had a bucket list dream come true trip to take two classes at the John C. Campbell Folk School in Brasstown Tennessee. I spent a fabulous week immersed in Batik and a wonderful weekend class learning the mountain dulcimer. I developed a passion for batik so I have now expanded my art to making and dyeing clothing, I have even been taking sewing classes. I will be taking some of these to the art festival, along with a lot of jewelry.

Working full time has made it hard for me to get as creative as I would like with my bead making but I am hoping as life slows down after the Spring Ball I can spend some serious time at my torch.

I truly wish everyone time to do what they love and follow their passions.
Beckie


No comments:

Post a Comment